Dependable Craftsmen Prepared for the Next Century.
The Taylor Forge Engineered Systems Paola
plant has its origin with the Fluor Corporation. In 1930, Fluor
began storing pipeline construction equipment on the site. In 1937,
Fluor erected the first buildings on the site and began manufacturing
in the early 1940s. Taylor Forge, a Chicago-based company,
purchased the plant in 1959 and called this facility the Taylor
Forge Engineered Systems Division. In 1967, the Taylor family sold
the Taylor Forge Company, including the Taylor Forge Engineered
Systems Division, to Gulf & Western Industries. Taylor Forge
Engineered Systems, Inc., was purchased from Gulf & Western
Industries in September 1984 by R. Gary Kilkenny and Thomas J. Walsh.
A transition of leadership was completed in 1998 when Michael Kilkenny
acquired majority ownership of the corporation. In the fall of 1990,
Taylor Forge acquired Crane Midwests Navy nuclear submarine
fitting product line. After this acquisition, Taylor Forge became
the primary manufacturer in the United States capable of making
these components. In the fall of 1992 the Humco facility in Garnett
was acquired. TFES entered the heat exchanger
market in 1997.
The Company now consists of three manufacturing
facilities located in Kansas: a large heavy steel plate fabrication
shop in Paola, a smaller pipe fabricating
and lighter plate fabricating shop in Greeley,
and the former Humco shop in Garnett,
fabricating extruded heater headers, pressure vessels, steam drums
and heat exchangers.