Main Job Duties / Responsibilities
The Machinist I position will perform basic layout and machining operations on components and products.
- Operate most types of machine tools (i.e. horizontal and vertical boring mills, lathes, milling type machines) in an efficient manner.
- Perform basic layout work in accordance with drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Align and setup components in the machine tools.
- Grind tools to the proper cutting geometry.
- Perform small repairs and preventative maintenance on the machine tools.
- Capable of performing basic math computations involving decimals and fractions.
- Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings and documents.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. up to waist.
- Requires 24 months minimum of job-related work experience.